Hermanni & Lorenzo Law Group Logo




(305) 640-8222

Family Petition

 Petitioning for a Relative

Under U.S. immigration law, if you are a United States citizen, or a lawful permanent resident, you may help certain relatives apply to become permanent residents of the United States.

Keeping Families Together

To be able to petition for an Alien Relative, the first step in this process is to file an I-130 form. This form is to prove to the government that the “Beneficiary” (the person you are filing the petition for) is in fact your relative, and not just some random individual.

Most Common Petitions

The following are the most commonly filed petitions:

  • Spouse
  • Fiancé (through the K-1 visa)
  • Parents
  • Children or step-children

Petition as a Permanent Resident

If you are a Permanent Resident, you have the ability to file a family petition for your spouse or children, but they will also be subject to visa quotas based on their preference category.

If you (Permanent Resident) later decide to become a United States citizen, then your family petition will be upgraded to a different category, or to an immediate relative petition.


Every petition is different

Every family petition is different which may require slightly different paperwork or procedures.


Get experienced & competent help

The Miami immigration lawyers at Hermanni & Lorenzo Law Group, are equipped and ready to work for your case.  Together we can find the best way to petition your family to become permanent residents of the United States.

Ready for Competent Immigration Law Counsel?


The solution to your immigration situation may be one phone call away! Let's talk, call or email us now!

Book Your Consultation

Happy & Satisfied Immigrants Speak Up

Dear clients: We're beyond happy and honored to have served you. Thank you for your ongoing support, we do appreciate it very much!

Resourceful, patient, caring and experienced – exactly what you need from an immigration law firm. Thanks for the help.

Marli E.
Yelp Reviews

Great team! Very Professional, they really care about each case, always providing great customer service and using all their knowledge to help us!

Mari H.
Yelp Reviews

Norma Lorenzo is one of the most genuine people you’ll ever meet. She’s a professional and highly competent attorney that her clients can trust to do a great job on their behalf. Definitely call this law office for immigration needs.

Pierrela Jeanbaptiste
Google Reviews

Excellent law firm. My experience was awesome. The attorneys and their staff were caring and sensitive to my special case. They offered professional an ethical services. They were able to resolve my situation and throughout the entire process I felt their support. Kudos to Ms. Norma Lorenzo. Thank you

Berta Sanders
Google Reviews

Norma was thorough, responsive and dedicated to my case. She made it painless and I knew I was in good hands, I’d recommend and trust her in a heartbeat.

Avvo Review

Thank you for all your help and dedication, I just received my US Citizenship, grateful that you were always available, even on Sunday’s. All the best to you.

Nicolas Izquierdo
Google Review
google reviews
facebook reviews
yelp reviews
avvo reviews

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This