Hermanni & Lorenzo Law Group Logo




(305) 640-8222

Immigration Law Blog

Top 5 Law Schools in Florida


Top Choices for Potential Law Students Seeking a Florida Law Degree Pursuing a career in law begins with finding the right school that fits your academic preferences. Whether you’re looking for a highly interactive public school or a smaller, more private learning setting, Florida houses a wide variety of esteemed law programs with promising educational opportunities. Top Law Schools and Characteristics 1. University of Florida Levin College of Law (Gainesville, FL) Consistently noted as one of the most reputable public law schools in Florida, the University of Florida Levin College of...

How to Survive Your Green Card Interview

surviving green card interview

6 Simple Steps to Help You Handle Your Interview Like a Pro When applying for a US green card, some cases may require an interview with US immigration officials. This interview greatly influences whether you’ll be approved or denied a green card, so it’s not something to take lightly. Some interviews are quick and painless, while others require extensive questioning. No matter the circumstance, this can feel like an intimidating step in your journey to permanent residency — but the experience doesn’t have to be one you should anticipate with fear. Interview Day Checklist So, it’s the day...

What Are My Obligations As A Green Card Sponsor?

Green Card Sponsorship

A green card sponsor is legally responsible for the financial well-being of the sponsored immigrant(s) during the obligated length of time. This is outlined in the Affidavit of Support, or Form I-864 - a contract between the sponsor and the US government. By signing this contract, the sponsor is obligated to provide financial support for the applicant until he/she: Becomes a US citizen Is no longer a lawful permanent resident and departs the US Becomes subject to removal from US but obtains a new grant of adjustment of status Has worked, or can be credited, with approximately 10 years of...

What Is The Minimum Investment Requirement For An E2 Investor Visa?

minimum requirements e2 investor visa

While investment guidelines for an E2 Investor visa do not specify a minimum investment amount, it is recommended that the invested funds be substantial in relation to the total cost of the business. Investment amounts tend to range from $80,000-$150,000 for smaller business ventures to $100,000-$150,000 for larger businesses. Whether investing in a new business or a pre-existing business, the minimum investment requirement must be equal to either: the amount of money required to make the business fully operational the total value of the business Higher overhead and operational costs will...

What Do I Need To Apply For An EB-5 Immigrant Visa?

eb5 immigrant visa

To apply for an EB-5 Immigrant Investor, visa, you must first file Form I-526, otherwise known as Petition by Alien Entrepreneur. Upon approval, you must then file either a DS-230 or DS260 (Application for Immigrant visa and Alien Registration) with the US Department of State to obtain your EB-5 visa. If you are looking to adjust your status to conditional permanent residency within the US, you must file Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status). Upon approval of both Form I-485 or upon obtaining entry into the US with a EB-5 Immigrant Investor visa, you...

What Do I Need To Apply For An E-1 or E-2 Treaty Visa?

e1 and e2 investor visas

When applying for an E1 Trader Treaty or E2 Treaty Investor visa, the following items are required: A company registration Form DS-160, or A Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application. This must be completed online prior to interviewing with the Embassy or Consulate. One (1) 2"x2" (5cmx5cm) photo with a white background, taken within 6 months, must be attached upside down on the upper left-hand corner of your DS160 confirmation page A completed form DS-156E, Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor Application A valid passport for travel to the US. The validity date of this passport must...

Can A Relative Sponsor Me For A Green Card?

Green Card Sponsorship

If you are an immediate relative of a US Citizen, you are eligible to obtain a Green Card fairly quickly. An immediate relative of a US citizen can be any of the following: Unmarried child under the age of 21 Parent (if US citizen is over 21) Spouse If you are not an immediate relative, family members of a US citizen can still be sponsored via a “family preference category”. While this option involves a longer waiting period for an immigrant visa number, eligible family members may still receive sponsorship. This would include: Unmarried sons/daughters over the age of 21 Brothers and...

Norma Lorenzo Active on Avvo

Answering Your Immigration Questions Hermanni Law Group's managing partner is a very active member of Avvo, an online forum where lawyers can help answer your questions regarding different legal matters. She has earned two award badges for her quality contributions to the site. Get my answers to legal questions at Avvo.com Lawyer Norma Lorenzo | Lawyer Immigration Lawyer Norma Lorenzo | Lawyer...

Administrative Stay of Deportation

Are You or Someone You Know Being Deported? An administrative stay of deportation is a temporary stall of removal for someone who has an order to be deported from the United States. There is no certain amount of time that the administrative stay of deportation allots an individual, usually the postponement tends to be short but there is few times where it can run for a few weeks to months. When an individual who is under administrative stay of removal, they must know that they do not receive any sort of legal status within the United States or immigration benefits, they are just on hold...

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This