Hermanni & Lorenzo Law Group Logo




(305) 640-8222

Work Visas

 Working in the United States

As a citizen of a foreign country, you need to obtain permission to work within the United States. To do so, you must file for a work visa, employment-based green card, or employment authorization.

Helping You Work Legally in the U.S.

There are many types of Work visas granted by the Immigration and Naturalization Services, INS.

Each visa application is specific to the type of employment the applicant is seeking to do while in the United States.

Types of Work Visas

B-1 Visas – Temporary Business Visitor

Individual seeking this visa is entering the U.S for a specific limited period of time to handle business of legitimate nature such as negotiating a contract or settling an estate.

H-1B Visas – Professionals in Specialty Occupations

An individual seeking this visa must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in the specific field they seek employment to qualify. The duration of the stay is three years but can be extended to six years.

H-2B Visas – Seasonal Non-Agricultural Workers

This program permits employers in the United States to hire foreign workers to come into the country and temporarily work on nonagricultural services on where there is a shortage of U.S. workers.

L Visas – Intra Company Transfers

Available to foreign Individuals employed by an international company with offices in both the U.S. and abroad. Employee must hold a position that requires specialized knowledge to qualify for the visa and will allow them to relocate to the U.S. office for a certain amount of time.

O Visas – Persons of Extraordinary Ability

A temporary work visa issued by the U.S. to foreign individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business and athletics, or exceptional achievement in motion picture and television production and their assistants and support personnel.

P Visas – Professional Artists, Athletes, and Entertainers

A temporary employment visa issued to Athletes, entertainers, artists and their spouses and children who are coming to perform in the United States.

R Visas – Religious Workers

A non-immigrant visa that allows for religious workers (i.e. a minister) to come and work within the U.S. for a time period of up to 5 years and who can later apply for a green card and become a permanent resident.

TN Visas

A unique non-immigrant visa for citizens of Mexico and Canada, allowing them to work in the United States as a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) professional.


Working legally in the U.S.

To be granted a Work visa by the United States, you must fulfill careful and specific requirements. This process need not be overly burdensome provided you comply with the necessary stipulations from the start.


Get experienced & competent help

The immigration lawyers at Hermanni Lorenzo Law Group can help you achieve your investment goals in the United States quickly and effectively.  Our job is to help you do yours, obtaining the Work visa best suited for your case.

Ready for Competent Immigration Law Counsel?


The solution to your immigration situation may be one phone call away! Let's talk, call or email us now!

Book Your Consultation

Happy & Satisfied Immigrants Speak Up

Dear clients: We're beyond happy and honored to have served you. Thank you for your ongoing support, we do appreciate it very much!

Resourceful, patient, caring and experienced – exactly what you need from an immigration law firm. Thanks for the help.

Marli E.
Yelp Reviews

Great team! Very Professional, they really care about each case, always providing great customer service and using all their knowledge to help us!

Mari H.
Yelp Reviews

Norma Lorenzo is one of the most genuine people you’ll ever meet. She’s a professional and highly competent attorney that her clients can trust to do a great job on their behalf. Definitely call this law office for immigration needs.

Pierrela Jeanbaptiste
Google Reviews

Excellent law firm. My experience was awesome. The attorneys and their staff were caring and sensitive to my special case. They offered professional an ethical services. They were able to resolve my situation and throughout the entire process I felt their support. Kudos to Ms. Norma Lorenzo. Thank you

Berta Sanders
Google Reviews

Norma was thorough, responsive and dedicated to my case. She made it painless and I knew I was in good hands, I’d recommend and trust her in a heartbeat.

Avvo Review

Thank you for all your help and dedication, I just received my US Citizenship, grateful that you were always available, even on Sunday’s. All the best to you.

Nicolas Izquierdo
Google Review
google reviews
facebook reviews
yelp reviews
avvo reviews

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This