Hermanni & Lorenzo Law Group Logo




(305) 640-8222

What Do I Need To Apply For An E-1 or E-2 Treaty Visa?

e1 and e2 investor visasWhen applying for an E1 Trader Treaty or E2 Treaty Investor visa, the following items are required:

  • A company registration
  • Form DS-160, or A Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application. This must be completed online prior to interviewing with the Embassy or Consulate. One (1) 2″x2″ (5cmx5cm) photo with a white background, taken within 6 months, must be attached upside down on the upper left-hand corner of your DS160 confirmation page
  • A completed form DS-156E, Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor Application
  • A valid passport for travel to the US. The validity date of this passport must be at least 6 months beyond the length of time you plan to stay in the US. If there is more than one person under your passport seeking a visa, they too must apply.
  • An interview appointment letter.

You must also bring any supporting documents related to the information you provide. Supporting documents include:

  • The number of family members who intend to travel
  • A detailed resume
  • A company letter describing the enterprise in question
  • A corporate organizational chart of your position within the company, as well as job descriptions and immigration statuses of subordinate employees
  • An updated DS-156E along with either Form 1120 or your non-consolidated financial statements.

Additional documentation may be required when applying for an E1 Treaty Trader or E2 Treaty Investor visa; the consular office will request these specific documents as needed. These documents are used to determine if the trading enterprise or investment enterprise in question meets the requirements for the E visa classification.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This