When applying for an E1 Trader Treaty or E2 Treaty Investor visa, the following items are required:
- A company registration
- Form DS-160, or A Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application. This must be completed online prior to interviewing with the Embassy or Consulate. One (1) 2″x2″ (5cmx5cm) photo with a white background, taken within 6 months, must be attached upside down on the upper left-hand corner of your DS160 confirmation page
- A completed form DS-156E, Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor Application
- A valid passport for travel to the US. The validity date of this passport must be at least 6 months beyond the length of time you plan to stay in the US. If there is more than one person under your passport seeking a visa, they too must apply.
- An interview appointment letter.
You must also bring any supporting documents related to the information you provide. Supporting documents include:
- The number of family members who intend to travel
- A detailed resume
- A company letter describing the enterprise in question
- A corporate organizational chart of your position within the company, as well as job descriptions and immigration statuses of subordinate employees
- An updated DS-156E along with either Form 1120 or your non-consolidated financial statements.
Additional documentation may be required when applying for an E1 Treaty Trader or E2 Treaty Investor visa; the consular office will request these specific documents as needed. These documents are used to determine if the trading enterprise or investment enterprise in question meets the requirements for the E visa classification.